Job Title: Assistant Chief Financial Officer
Job Reports To: The President of BPGS
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
The Assistant CFO will be a top candidate for future growth into the CFO position in approximately two to three years.
The position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and leading all aspects of the financial accounting function in areas of strategic direction, procedure development and financial reporting in order to meet the demands of internal clients, ownership, investors, lenders, auditors, governmental agencies and any other stakeholder.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Standardize accounting practices, procedures and controls; ensure that standard accounting practices and processes are followed throughout the organization.
• Work with the development and acquisition teams to ensure construction in progress is accurately billed and recorded and tax implications are understood.
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly financial reporting.
• Manage Construction Accountants and provides guidance related to construction accounting and ensure accuracy and reporting of financial statement information.
• Work with independent auditors.
• Manage special projects.
• Provide guidance and training to construction accounting department regarding financial policies and procedures.
• Build an organization that effectively supports the goals of the company and team by hiring, and developing and retaining qualified staff.
• Oversee, monitor, and adhere to department’s budget, goals, and schedules.
• Develop and deliver quality projects from inception to close-out on time, within scope and budget.
• Maintaining accountability for the performance of accounting associates.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent knowledge of excel needed.
• Demonstrated high-level leadership, problem solving and analytical skills required.
• Must have strong grasp of GAAP and commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the accounting field.
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills, with the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with associates at all levels, vendors, clients and any other outside party.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
• Must have excellent time management skills and be detail-oriented.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with a CPA designation preferred.
• 7-12 years of progressive accounting, finance, and managerial experience required.
• Prior construction industry experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with MRI software.
• Must be able to verbally communicate with associates and outside parties.
• Lifting requirements range from 5 to 10lbs no more than 5% of the time.
• Must be able to work long hours, sitting and standing for several hours at a time.
• This position will oversee the in-house accounting and finance teams.
Statement of Notices:
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.