Project engineers are teamed up with superintendents and/or project managers to obtain field and project management operations experience in all phases of construction. This position is a pathway towards a career as either a construction project manager or construction superintendent.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Development and Management – interface and coordinate with building management as directed by superintendent.
- Organizational Skills – set up and maintain job site office and records, including project directory, subcontractor directory, submittal logs, RFI logs, and subcontractor correspondence, maintains all site construction documents, and fills out and maintains daily reports.
- Construction Operations – installs proper site signage and postings; directs installation of building and site protection; assist in field work; takes responsibility for and manages specific construction tasks assigned to them; assist superintendent.
- Subcontractor Relations – sets up and runs subcontractor foremen’s meeting when directed by the superintendent.
- Project Planning and Safety – makes periodic updates to the project schedule as directed; assists in the inspection process and executes the inspections within the project’s jurisdiction; assists in the implementation of BPGS’s corporate safety program and applies it on the job site; participates and/or conducts weekly safety meetings and toolbox talks; and completes all required safety reports when directed.
- Corporate Culture – maintains a neat appearance in accordance with corporate policies at all times when representing BPGS; upholds the respect of their peers in all business dealings; and participates actively in corporate functions.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architectural engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering and/or a equivalent combination of experience and continuing education.
- Experience in construction management, civil engineering, architectural engineering, or a related field required.
- Requires standing, walking, and sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of equipment.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.