BPGS Construction Interns are teamed up with superintendents and/or project managers to obtain hands-on field and project management experience in all phases of construction. Internship opportunities are designed to enrich the student’s collegiate experience and provide them with the knowledge and skills not found in a classroom setting.
Interns who select BPGS Construction as their company of choice, have the opportunity to participate in our program, design, build methodology with some of the brightest and most talented builders in our industry. While working with our organization, interns also receive the unique opportunity to engage in our company’s culture, which is devoted to continuous learning and having fun along the way through build and learns as well as exclusive events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains adherence to company standards of safety
- Prioritizes paperwork and submittal process
- Maintains material delivery status
- Archives contract records
- Sets up the initial paperwork flow
- Maintains and distributes meeting minutes
- Manages all project files
- Assists the superintendent in the formulation of the project plan
- Maintains communication with subcontractors
- Assist with RFI logs, subcontractor correspondence, maintains all site construction documents, and fills out and maintains daily reports
- All other duties assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with construction preferred.
- Familiar with change orders, budgets, cost reporting, estimating, and scheduling preferred.
- Requires standing, walking, and sitting.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Local candidates please as no relocation will be provided. Salary is commensurate with experience. BPGS is an equal opportunity employer.